Welder Job in Princeton, BC at Envirogreen Technologies Ltd.
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. Contaminated Waste Treatment Facility is located approximately 20 KM Southwest of Princeton, B.C. V0X 1W0.
Princeton, one of the sunniest places in BC, sits at the junction of the Similkameen and Tulameen rivers in the South Okanagan, East of the Cascades. The mountains, valleys, and hundreds of kilometers of backcountry roads are a beautiful natural setting for year-round outdoor activities. The rivers and lakes are excellent for tubing, kayaking, swimming or trout fishing. The nearby Kettle Valley Rail Trail is great for hiking and cycling.
Other amenities in Princeton include an outdoor pool, arena, curling club, bowling alley, golf course, basketball court, splash park, skate and bike park, community centre, theatre, library, and museum. For the hockey enthusiast, Princeton is the home of the Princeton Posse, a junior hockey club. There is also a regional airport, a riding club, music society, garden club, ATV club and many other organizations to get involved with.
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. (ETL) is an established waste management company, leading the way in the treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. Our permitted hazardous waste treatment facility located outside of Princeton, BC, utilizes thermal desorption technology to treat a wide range of industrial waste and contaminated soil.
ETL is looking for a motivated Welder with proven experience to join our team. The Welder works under the direction of the Facility Manager and any assigned Supervisors and works with other employees within the company to ensure safe work practices and policies, compliances and regulations are adhered.
Main responsibilities will include; production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building and fitter welding.
The Welder will work closely with facility staff to create a positive and safe working environment, be a resource to management and facility staff for health and safety information and promote health and safety programs in the workplace.
- Customer Focused
- Communication – Effective Verbal, Written and Listening
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Operating Equipment
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Research and Analysis
- Development and Continual Learning
- Provide consultation
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Ethics and Integrity
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Support and promote safety and health projects and initiatives.
- Welding on various plant equipment.
- Welding and fabrication related to bucket and machine repairs.
- Complete pre/post inspections on all tools and equipment.
- Stainless welding & fabrication.
- Mild steel up to ½” thickness welding & fabrication.
- Maintain mechanical workshops and storage facilities in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Responsible for tool inventory.
- Maintain suitable inventory of all needed supplies.
- Operate Equipment including but not limited to; skid-steer loader, forklift, aerial platform.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Participate in required training programs including, but not limited to, WHMIS, TDG, confined space entry and rescue, fall protection, fire extinguisher use, first aid, mobile equipment awareness, aerial work platform, etc.
- Facility cleanup
- Maintenance duties during shut down periods
- General labour duties as required.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or manager.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- CWB Certification preferred
- C Ticket (minimum)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience as a Welder.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Licence: Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and access to reliable transportation.
- Language: English.
- Confidence, with the proven ability to build credibility and strong partnerships at all levels.
- Very strong sense of urgency with proven record of following through to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative and especially a positive outlook.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize.
- Ability to wear respiratory protection (e.g. half- and/or full-face respirator).
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Follow directions.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure the safe, efficient operation, cleaning of and running adjustments for equipment operated.
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Complete all testing (including drug & alcohol) and training required to fulfill the requirements of this position and meet all health and safety requirements as instructed by the supervisor or manager. All training provided by ETL.
- Support company initiatives and policies enthusiastically.
- Employee must attend all required meetings, information sessions, and training sessions as required by supervisor or manager.
- Employee must participate in any post incident investigation process.
- Computer experience
- Must be able to work in wet, humid, hot, high noise, and dusty environment.
- Hazardous materials – proper PPE selection for task required.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in year-round weather conditions.
- Dynamic work environment requiring changing work priorities.
- Benefit package after successful 3-month probationary period.
- PPE allowance program after successful 3-month probationary period.
- Equipment elevation changes.
- Working near moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- Travel may be required to Lower Mainland (infrequent).
- Physical demands included (but are not limited to): using proper lifting techniques for heavy lifting, manual dexterity, climbing ladders, working in and about confined spaces and/or high locations, repetitive movement.
- Shift work as required. Possible weekend shifts.
- Overtime may be required.
Qualified applicants should visit Envirogreen Technologies website: www.envirogreentech.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Envirogreen Technologies Ltd.
Company Location: Princeton, BC