Senior Analyst, Operational Policies and Programs Job in Ottawa, ON at CMHC
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Policy team in our Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector collaborates with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will monitor, report, analyze and/or research data and performance. You will identify strategic issues, strengths, challenges, and perform ad hoc analysis and forecasting. You will help research and maintain a thorough grasp of the internal and/or external environment with the objective of incorporating the best insights. You will recommend operational policy and program options. Your expertise conducting standardized reporting, preparing reports, presentations, briefing materials, and liaise with business stakeholders will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in Social Science or Public Administration or in a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of related experience.
- Sound analytical skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop recommendations and provide advice.
- Understanding of a range of work procedures and their impact on internal and external work areas for Business Continuity.
- Ability to write and/or edit documents to convey information that is subject to interpretation and requires reasoning and analysis before it can be composed or edited.
- Comprehensive understanding of Indigenous housing and awareness of social, economic and political trends affecting the provision of housing is considered an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare briefing notes.
- Knowledge of database and analytical tools, including an understanding of Microsoft Suite products.
What you will be doing
Assessment and Guidance
- Establishes, implements and maintains sound processes including the development of reliable information management systems, security provisions and efficient business resumption plans.
- Provides oversight to ensure processes are properly administered, documented, approved and accounted for in the financial system.
- Contributes to the design and integration of administrative process enhancements.
- Acts as the first point of contact for internal/external stakeholders seeking guidance, information sharing and interpretation. Oversees the escalation of policy concerns when deemed appropriate.
People Leadership (human relations skills)
- Maintains courteous and effective working relationships with others.
Policy Development and Continuous Improvement
- Continually identifies opportunities for improvement by examining markets, programs, processes and policies.
- Continuously monitors and reports on the external operating environment with respect to guidelines, policies and practices, which have an impact on the internal standards and practices.
- Manages files and issues of a politically sensitive nature using critical thinking, judgment and experience to find a solution.
Reporting and Presentations
- Develops reports for the internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Organizes, retrieves, analyzes and maintains complex information critical to the development of reports.
- Prepares, recommends for approval and manages budgets.
- Supports the development of briefing notes, submissions, issue papers, dockets and responses to correspondence.
- Delivers training when and as required to internal and external stakeholders.
Research and Analysis
- Uses appropriate procedures, including technology tools, to perform data monitoring and various analytical and/or reporting requirements to support various auditing requirements.
- Analyzes options to enhance and automate administrative practices.
- Undertakes effective research and environmental scanning in support of various projects and initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with program criteria and reporting and/or operational guidelines.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from
Posting closing date: May 31st, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4672
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Position can be located anywhere in Canada
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
About the Company
Company Location: Ottawa, ON