Quality Control Field / Lab Technician Job in Ottawa, ON at Coco Paving Inc.
Coco Paving has multiple positions available for a QC Field / Lab Technician for its Ottawa location.
Coco Paving is a division of the Coco Group, a vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development company with over 50 years of expertise.
Coco specializes in a wide range of heavy civil construction services and material products. In addition to the heavy civil construction company, Coco Group owns and operates a precast manufacturing facility (Co-Pipe Products), asphalt cement terminal (Coco Asphalt Engineering), portable concrete batch plants, a number of pits, quarries and asphalt plants, residential construction business and golf course.
Since 1964, Coco Paving is proud to continue as a family owned and operated entity, successfully executing its vision, through on time and on budget execution and completion of its projects to the satisfaction of our customers.
The Quality Control Field / Lab Technician will be responsible for supporting all aspects of quality control under the supervision of project managers, supervisors or scheduling coordinators.
- Inspect the quality of construction and construction materials (aggregates and asphalt).
- Monitor material placement and workmanship.
- Review documents and specifications.
- Maintain daily check list diary and site activities.
- Report any non-conformance concerns while on site to management.
- Execute tests in the field or laboratory on construction materials to assess their quality.
- Prepare and collect Aggregates and asphalt samples for laboratory testing.
- Perform compaction testing by Nuclear Densometer.
- Concrete testing and casting samples for lab testing an asset
- Asphalt coring for thickness and material composition investigations (a must)
- Ensure accuracy of test data.
- Perform visual inspections of roadways.
- Participate at site lab meetings.
- Liaison with clients and contractors.
- Educate and train new staff if needed.
- Maintain equipment and laboratory in good condition.
- Maintain calibration of equipment.
- Maintain testing equipment.
- Diploma/Degree – Civil Engineering Technology / Construction Management an asset.
- CCIL Certification for Asphalt and, or Aggregate an asset.
- Previous Industry or relatable experience an asset.
- Knowledge of ASTM/CCIL/MTO LS testing procedures an asset.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power point…etc.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized.
- Mobility to work out of town when needed.
- Available to work on different shifts and schedules ( including nights, and weekends)
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Good physical condition.
- Valid driver’s license.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company.
If you’re a high energy, self-motivated individual who is willing to work hard in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you!
We thank you for your interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- material sampling, compaction and coring : 2 years (Preferred)
- aspahlt paving or construction quality control: 2 years (Preferred)
- CCIL for asphalt and / or aggrgates (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Coco Paving Inc.
Company Location: Ottawa, ON