Property Operations Manager Job in Armada, MI at Blake’s Orchard, Inc. –
The Property Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all buildings and grounds, utilities, service shop, equipment, energy management systems and safety/security systems in order to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment for employees and guests. The individual in this position is responsible for the scheduling and supervision of maintenance and repair activities, contracted services, and custodial services, and ensuring the physical operation of all Blake’s properties meet budgetary and strategic objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Collaborate with relevant business unit leaders to ensure the successful launch of key company events by planning and monitoring an annual project plan.
· Ensure all projects are completed according to plan, managing and motivating team members and working with office staff and vendors to coordinate successful project installations and site management.
· Implement and manage a project management tool and/or system to monitor required tasks and open issues related to grounds, building maintenance and rolling stock equipment.
· Directs, supervises, and evaluates Grounds, Building Maintenance and Farm Equipment staff; ensures staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities
· Directs, schedules, and oversees external contractors (electricians, plumbers, excavators, roofers, painters, landscapers, etc.)
· Schedules and supervises maintenance workers engaged in building and grounds upkeep and repair; responsible for safety and security, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation services ensuring compliance with Armada Township building codes.
· Develops and monitors department budget; orders equipment and supplies and monitors inventory; makes requests for capital outlay expenditures as needed.
· Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems
· Supervises custodial crew engaged in cleaning buildings, restrooms, grounds of all locations.
· Prepares specifications for building projects; estimates costs of equipment, materials, labor, and supplies; prepares bid specifications for projects, equipment, and contracted services; oversees site and building projects performed by outside contractors
· Oversees company vehicle and other farm equipment maintenance
· Contributes to strategic planning by evaluating and projecting future facility needs and proposing options to achieve them
· Performs other related tasks as requested
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends during our busy season – the months of September and October
Be a team player and adhere to the Blake Family Mission Statement “Growing Good Times and Memories for Every Generation” and embody our core values:
W- Whatever it takes
H- Help each other be successful
A- Accountable to one another
T- Treat customers like guests in our homes and employees like family
Education, Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Project Management experience
· 10 years of hands on experience working as a laborer in a landscaping, building maintenance or farm equipment dealership capacity.
· At least 5 year’s of experience leading and managing a team
· General knowledge of electrical and mechanical processes.
· Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills
· Long-term planning skills
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
About the Company
Company: Blake’s Orchard, Inc. –
Company Location: Armada, MI