O&M Manager – Foundations Jobs in England – UK at Vattenfall
Title: O&M Manager – Foundations
Location: England – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: Energy/Power Generation, Management
Position: O&M Package Manager – Foundations
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to become fossil free within a generation.
Vattenfall is looking for the right person to fill the position as O&M Package Manager – Foundations within Offshore O&M Delivery. Reporting to the Head of Day 1 Readiness, you will be an integral part of developing and preparing new windfarms for operations. Are you interested in a job with a lot of possibilities and responsibilities, and being a part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind?
Then you may be the person we are looking for. In this position you will be responsible for driving reductions in the Levelized Energy Costs, quantifying operational synergies across the fleet and managing both internal and external stakeholder relationships you will get to influence key investment decisions.
In the Day1
Readiness team you will be part of a diverse team of 14 highly skilled O&M Package Managers. The core task of our team is to act as representatives for our O&M colleagues in the projects, and ensure that new offshore windfarms are ready to operate from day one.
Your responsibilities as O&M Package Manager – Foundation
• This role is a focal point in Vattenfall on O&M aspects of the assigned workstream.
• Portfolio responsibility for the assigned workstream of turbine foundations and subsea
• Involvement in projects from development to execution, meaning involvement in all stages of the conception of new offshore windfarms.
• Actively drive and contribute to standardization of maintenance and operational concepts for new windfarms
• Engage with internal stakeholders, such as Engineering, to ensure consideration for O&M aspects during design and construction
• Review documentation and take part in e.g. quality inspections
• Contribute to accurate OPEX budgets and associated maintenance plans for new windfarms within area of responsibility
• Ensure a smooth transition from construction to O&M of the assigned workstream
• Apply lessons learned and focus on the improvement of the department processes and tools
Your qualifications and core competences as O&M Package Manager
• It is crucial that you have relevant experience within foundations or subsea activities
• Educated to degree level preferably in engineering, with a solid understanding of project management methodologies
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience from the energy sector or a technical industry such as engineering or construction, with a strong focus on HSE. Offshore O&M wind knowledge from a development, project or asset management role desired together with experience working in international and cross-project teams
• Good commercial and financial acumen. Working knowledge of construction or O&G contracts such as FIDIC or LOGIC also beneficial
• Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently
• Well-rounded project management capabilities. Accomplished at planning, quantifying risks and tracking progress.
• Good communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations. A strong command of English (written and v…