Manager, Training Programs (Multi-Unit Financing) Job in Ottawa, ON at CMHC
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $91305.53 to $114131.91
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Partnerships and Promotions team in our Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector collaborates with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, you will be leading a team that delivers capacity-building initiatives for internal and external partners, and oversees the development and delivery of business specific training programs. . Your expertise in Real Estate Financing will assist in the instructional design, implementation of training programs, and client and stakeholder relations will help us equip our partners with skills, knowledge and tools enabling them to use CMHC products, systems and services in the most efficient way possible, and make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the mortgage industry, mortgage loan insurance, multi-unit real estate financing and markets.
- Undergraduate degree in education, instructional design, learning development, industrial psychology, adult learning or related field.
- Minimum of three years of related experience with three years in a supervisory role.
- Superior project management and organizational skills to be able to deliver successfully multiple training projects and initiatives.
- Experience in e-learning design and delivery.
- Certificate in one or more instructional design methods considered an asset.
- Excellent coaching skills to be able to advise managers and staff on training/business capacity plans and strategies, and on effective communication to different clients.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and persuasively to convince others and gain acceptance of proposals and plans.
- Highly developed methodological, analytical, creative and conceptual skills.
- Proven ability to work well with people at different levels and to manage politically sensitive relationships.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally.
What you will be doing
- Identify, assess and evaluate the needs of internal and external clients and stakeholders related to skills knowledge and capabilities in housing, and develop tools, programs and training that addresses industry knowledge needs and close skill gaps that exist in CMHC clients and housing stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and execute an integrated strategic training plan to advance housing finance capabilities across key client and stakeholder audiences.
- Oversee the identification of the best methods to achieve the learning objectives, based on the audience, the knowledge gap and other contextual factors. Ensure the right learning approaches are applied, and manage the development of training content, courses and curricula.
- Manage the delivery of training to key client and stakeholder audiences.
- Establish performance metrics to capture essential information, monitor results and generate reports on the usefulness and effectiveness of training tools and activities, ultimately providing recommendations on findings to senior management.
- Collaborate with CMHC business groups when there is a need to address particular insight stemming from the team’s interactions with clients to inform better design of organizational programs and initiatives.
- Provide advice to senior management on their employees’ skills development to meet clients’ business needs.
- Provide advice to the Vice-President of Partnerships and Promotions on the sector capacity challenges and needs that have the biggest impact on business objectives; integrate concurrent priorities and make recommendations on where to focus efforts to accomplish organizational goals and advance CMHC business.
- Manage a high-value contract with an external provider for outsourced training delivery services.
- Lead the Capability Development team: set objectives and take responsibility for engagement, align people with work in order to achieve organizational objectives, demonstrate and promote stewardship of financial and human capital resources, implement practices to advance an inclusive organization.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: May 22, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4658
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): [Not translated in selected language]
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
About the Company
Company Location: Ottawa, ON