Event Lighting Technician Job in Chicago, IL at MDM Entertainment –
MDM Entertainment, a popular event production company, is looking for personable and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Lighting Techs. Ideal candidates will have broad experience in all aspects of AV with a specialization in lighting and a passion for customer service.
We are hiring for part-time and full-time positions depending on availability and experience with Saturdays and evenings required.
Travel to and from event locations throughout Chicago and the suburbs from our Schaumburg office is required.
At least 2 years’ experience in the audio-visual industry with a specialization in lighting is required.
Experience with ShowXpress and grandMa onPC a plus!
What you will do:
- Set up lighting systems and AV for corporate and social events
- Act as an on-site technician for assigned events
- Program functional and dynamic lighting shows
- Rig, wire and focus lighting instruments
- Gain experience with new technology while working in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
A Lead Tech will:
- Participate in fixture selection and placement in the design phase
- Assist in quality control and maintenance on an advanced and growing lighting inventory
- Lead internal and external teams of technicians and labor
- Participate as an active member of the technical and warehouse staff
- Embrace a leadership role in the department through trainings and mentorship
- Be able to act in a mature and professional manner
- Possess superior communication and customer service skills
- Be punctual and dependable
- Possess a solid work ethic
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Have an eye for design and detail
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, valid auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Be able to perform physical labor and lift 35 lbs and up to 100lbs and above with assistance.
- Be comfortable working at heights and on ladders
- Be able to work weekends and varying schedules
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet deadlines
Please respond with a resume and cover letter stating why you would be a good candidate for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s license and good driving record (Required)
- How many years of special event or theatrical lighting experience do you have?
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: MDM Entertainment –
Company Location: Chicago, IL