Energy Consultant Job in Ottawa, ON at Posterity Group Consulting Inc.
Posterity Group helps governments and utilities understand and reduce energy use and emissions. We provide end-use modeling and consulting services to support demand side management, resource planning, and energy/carbon policy decision-making.
We want to hear from talented people with experience in energy efficiency, energy policy, and carbon management to join our team in a full-time Energy Consultant position.
We prefer candidates with experience conducting research and/or modelling to:
- Inform policy decisions in the areas of energy efficiency, distributed energy resources, demand response, and carbon reduction,
- Support demand side management programs, or
- Support utility integrated resource planning.
Examples of relevant experience might include:
- Jurisdictional scans and market studies
- Energy efficiency technology studies
- Conservation potential analysis
- Probabilistic or parametric energy end-use scenario modelling
- Energy and emissions planning
To thrive in this role, you should:
- Be independent, focused, and self-motivated
- Have an engineering, science, computer science, data science, economics or similar degree
- Have excellent writing skills, including the ability to communicate your detailed technical understanding in plain language
- Be a hard worker and good problem solver
- Have an open and active curiosity and be willing to continuously learn new things
You would also add value to our team if you:
- Can speak and write well in French
- Are a willing and comfortable public speaker
- Hold or are working toward a PMP designation
- Have some coding skills
- Have consulting experience, or experience managing consultants
Posterity Group is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a creative work environment, progressive management policies, and rewarding and challenging consulting assignments.
To help our staff lead balanced and fulfilling work and home lives we offer a range of benefits including:
- A healthy work environment that is purposeful, motivating and gratifying
- A flexible approach to work location and work hours that respects staff time and work/life balance
- Drug, dental and supplemental health benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policy, including Fridays off during the summer months
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you. To apply:
Write us a 1-page letter showing
- How you meet the above criteria, (or if you don’t, why we should consider you anyway),
- Why you want to work with us, and
- What kind of projects you would be best suited for based on your previous experience.
Attach your resume, including employment history and relevant project summary qualifications (2 page limit).
This is an open call for applications.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Posterity Group Consulting Inc.
Company Location: Ottawa, ON