Electrical Systems Operator – Renewable Energy Job in Chicago, IL at Acciona Services Energy –
ACCIONA’s Services Energy is seeking an Electrical Systems Operator to join our SOC team, in our corporate offices based out of downtown, Chicago.
ACCIONA is one of Spain’s leading corporations, a front-runner in promoting and managing infrastructures, renewable energies, water and services, with 30,000 professionals worldwide, in 30 countries, and on 5 continents. The company is a global leader in renewable energy working exclusively with renewable technologies, specifically in wind, solar PV, solar thermal, hydro and biomass. Our Northern American Energy Division owns and operates renewable energy windfarms in the United States and Canada, and has recently added 3 gigawatts to our portfolio as we begin back to back Solar PV and storage projects. This is an exciting time to join Acciona and become one of the “pioneers in sustainability.”
· Monitor, control, and ensure 24 hours per day, 7 days a week availability and production of wind electricity generation facilities under the responsibility of ACCIONA Energy’s Renewable Energy System Operation Center during normal and emergency conditions in a safe, reliable, and economic manner.
· Monitor and evaluate system conditions, anticipate problems, and implement strategies minimize or avoid issues which will adversely impact the wind turbines under the responsibility of the Operation Center.
· Promptly acquire and disseminate information to the appropriate entities for system disturbances, emergency conditions and other events adversely affecting the wind farms under the responsibility of the Operation Center and/or the Bulk Power System.
· Direct and support dispatch of Technicians to perform system restoration and service activities.
· Analyze system conditions and maintain situational awareness.
· Develop and distribute periodic and incidental reports.
· Record, log, and maintain accurate records of power system operation.
· Maintain a working understanding of all Operation Center procedures and relevant NERC Reliability Standards.
· 2 year technical degree or 4 year technical degree required or equivalent experience
· 2 years experience in utility or power plant operations highly desired
· Experience working with wind energy systems desirable
· Obtain PJM Certification within 12 months
· Obtain NERC Certification within 12 months
· Working knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards is a plus
· Knowledge of electrical / mechanical theory and concepts
· Must work in a shift routine basis (nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours)
· Ability to monitor and navigate among several computer screens simultaneously
· Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal/external customers
· Ability to travel for training to various locations (including international)
ACCIONA offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required, 401(k)retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Do you have a 2 year or 4 year technical degree? If so, which?
- Utility or Power Plant Operations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Energy Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Acciona Services Energy –
Company Location: Chicago, IL