Culinarian-Cook Job in Chicago, IL at Pathway To Living LLC – 1.8
Pathway Management, LLC (founded in 1997) is a privately held, Chicago-based company that is dedicated to changing the way society “THINKS” about aging and senior living. The company operates 24 senior living communities in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Pathway offers a dynamic, fast-paced work environment that challenges team members to see aging as a natural, vibrant, enriching part of life. Therefore, our team members infuse our communities with the energy, caring, and creativity needed to help our residents live a life of purpose, fulfillment, and celebration.
We are looking for a friendly, energetic and outgoing Culinarian. If you have passion for preparing outstanding meals that taste great for large groups, keep reading.
As a Culinarian a typical day might include:
- Getting to know each resident and learn their culinary likes and dislikes.
- Preparing and serving 3 spectacular meals a day and 2 seating’s for each meal.
- Assist in the food service preparation to assure meals are prepared on time for each meal service.
- Maintain all safety and sanitation requirements within the culinary department.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules and make sure safe food handling is practiced.
- Maintaining proper food storage and waste disposal.
- Complying with all federal and state health regulations.
If you’re good at: *
- Cooking a variety of foods in large quantities and the food looks and tastes like heaven in your mouth.
- Creating positive culinary experiences through spectacular quality, amazing taste and impeccable presentation for all our resident, team members and families.
- Looking at cooking not as a task or job, but your mission in life.
- Making lasting impressions through your work.
- Using your imagination to be creative in all areas of food preparation.
- Delivering out of this world customer service.
- Communicating clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing and over the phone.
To be the ideal Culinary expert for this role:
****MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING AN ALTERNATING/FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE.****
- 2+ years progressive experience of food preparation for large groups.
- Ability to handle several tasks at once.
- Must have a fast, fun and friendly attitude.
- Willing to learn something new each day.
Pathways operating approach is so unique and so deeply ingrained in our culture that we call it VIVA! VIVA! takes a whole new approach that focuses on resident wellness, abilities, and person-centered care. We are currently seeking highly skilled, enthusiastic team members with the passion, dedication, and creativity to provide positive, memorable experiences for our residents every day.
We offer a generous benefits package including competitive salary, 401K plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Pathway To Living LLC – 1.8
Company Location: Chicago, IL