Contract Supervisor Job in Sheffield at Veolia
At Veolia, the Contract Supervisor supervises the day to day operations of the refuse collection across the borough of Sheffield to meet the contract and business objectives. The Contract Supervisor will ensure the driver daily checks are completed on time and maintain a professional and positive relationship with the team.
We’re looking for someone who has the capability to problem solve and can work in a challenging environment. If you are committed, articulate, punctual and diligent, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
Main duties will include:
- Managing the operations team to ensure they are complying with all relevant procedures.
- Investigate and resolve with the team all missed collections, complaints and service failures.
- Ensure whenever possible that you are out with your team daily reviewing the work practices and operations of the crews.
- Ensure that a full debriefing of the team is undertaken and recorded accurately.
- Manage the Health and Safety reporting for the team i.e. accidents/incidents near misses and safety concerns.
- Carry out first-line investigations for absence, and other breaches of policy and procedure gaining all the evidence in a timely manner.
- Deliver any basic training requirements for the drivers and crews to include: Inductions, Operations of the vehicles and lifting equipment, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
The experience you will need
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Experience in managing operational staff.
- Experience in dealing with Unions and an Unionised Workforce.
- Previous refuse collection experience.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- The option to join the Veolia Pension Scheme.
- Access to Veolia Rewards, benefits and discounts.
- Access to financial and mental health support.
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Reference ID: 120561
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,100.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Refuse collection: 1 year (Preferred)
- Managing operational staff: 1 year (Required)
About the Company
Company Location: Sheffield