Coal and Ash Handler Job in Bayport, MN at Xcel Energy – 3.6
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate an opening for one or more Coal and Ash Handler(s) at the Allen S. King Generating Plant, located in Bayport, MN. The rate of pay for this classification is listed in the Exhibit A Wage Schedule, $23.69 hourly.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Must have the mechanical ability and the physical dexterity to operate plant equipment, cleaning and handling AQCS, SCR, bag house, coal conveyors, and any other associated coal yard equipment, including forklift, front-end loader, skid loader, and vactor truck.
- Assist with ash handling; utilize all plant cleaning equipment including hydro lazing equipment, snow removal, grass cutting, and grounds keeping.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and be qualified to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must have the ability to intelligently communicate constructively with plant personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have successfully passed the Edison Electric Institute Power Plant Maintenance and Plant Operator selection exams (POSS/MASS)
- Will be required to actively participate in training and retraining programs, required classroom training and computer interactive training programs, as directed by plant management.
- Will be required to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Will be required to function under written operating and maintenance procedures as required by management.
- Will be required perform duties or work when necessary from scaffolding and catwalks in high and confined areas.
- May be required to accept temporary assignments at other locations including nuclear plants as prescribed by plant management
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Bayport || MN – Bayport || United States (US) || Generation || 0475Z:AS King Coal and Ash || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $23.69 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 32790
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
About the Company
Company: Xcel Energy – 3.6
Company Location: Bayport, MN