Audio Technician Job in Chicago, IL at MDM Entertainment –
MDM Entertainment, a popular event production company, is looking for personable and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Audio Techs. Ideal candidates will have broad experience in all aspects of AV with a specialization in audio and a passion for customer service.
We are hiring for part-time and full-time positions depending on availability and experience with Saturdays and evenings required.
Travel to and from event locations throughout Chicago and the suburbs from our Schaumburg office is required.
At least 2 years experience in the audio-visual industry with a specialization in audio is required.
Live audio experience is a plus!
What you will do:
- Set up sound systems and AV for corporate and social events
- Act as an on-site technician for assigned events
- Manage and troubleshoot multiple RF channels
- Gain experience with new technology while working in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
A Lead Tech will:
- Lead internal and external teams of technicians and labor
- Participate as an active member of the technical and warehouse staff
- Embrace a leadership role in the department through trainings and mentorship
- Be able to act in a mature and professional manner
- Possess superior communication and customer service skills
- Be punctual and dependable
- Possess a solid work ethic
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Have an eye for design and detail
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, valid auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Be able to perform physical labor and lift 35 lbs and up to 100lbs and above with assistance.
- Be comfortable working at heights and on ladders
- Be able to work weekends and varying schedules
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet deadlines
Please respond with a resume and cover letter stating why you would be a good candidate for this position.
Compensation includes competitive pay ($15-$19/hr. depending on qualifications), paid vacation, paid holidays and incentives. Benefits for full-time employees may include medical insurance, retirement plan with employer matching, cell phone and training / certifications.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE. EOE.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s license with good driving record (Required)
- How many years of audio-visual experience do you have?
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
About the Company
Company: MDM Entertainment –
Company Location: Chicago, IL