Advisor – Power Markets/Electricity Markets Jobs in England – UK at BP
Title: Advisor – Power Markets/Electricity Markets
Location: England – UK
Category: Energy/Power Generation, Business
Position: Advisor – Power Markets (Electricity Markets)
Location: Winchmore Hill
Job Profile Summary
In 2020, bp announced an exciting new strategy, reimaginging the company from an integrated oil company to an integrated energy company. It announced ambituous targets, many associated with the power sector, including an ambition to develop 50GW of renewable power by 2030. This role is key to helping bp achieve these targets and transform bp.
Increase your chances of reaching the interview stage by reading the complete job description and applying promptly.
Job AdvertRole Synopsis:
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity within a thriving team based in the centre of a growing global company that offers a world of opportunities?
In 2020, bp announced an exciting strategy, reimagining the company from an oil company to an integrated energy company. It announced ambitious targets, associated with the power sector, including an ambition to develop 50GW of renewable power by 2030. This role is key to helping bp achieve these targets and transform bp.
This role will involve the creation of market and price projections for [European/U.S.] Power markets, in addition to other power markets of interest to bp. These views will require the development and maintenance of power market models, data and assumptions to provide a quantitative and fundamental framework for valuation in the long-term space. Analysis performed by the individual and team will have a direct linkage through asset/business-specific price projections to commercial value creation.
Reporting to the Head of Power Markets, the Power Markets team is located in bp’s centralized and enabling Strategy & Sustainability organization.
You willbe involved in a diverse range of projects, mostly in service of bp’s businesses with exposure to the power sector. The role will require working in close collaboration with internal customers and alignment with bp’s short-term power analytics team.
In this role you will:
– Build long-term power market and price projections in [Europe/U.S] power markets, in addition to other power markets of interest to bp
– Provide price projections, including for investment and planning purposes
– Provide power market insights to inform bp strategy development
– Develop and maintain power market models, data and assumptions
– Monitor power market outlook developments in [Europe/U.S.], and other power markets of interest to bp
– Provide advice and analytics to support bp’s Energy Outlook
– Work collaboratively with bp business, trading, strategy and insight teams
– Degree-level qualification or higher in a quantitative subject:
– Economics, statistical, mathematical, operational research, engineering, scientific or similar disciplines preferred.
We have the following requirements:
– Knowledgeable of [European/U.S.] power market fundamentals
– Experienced practitioner of long-term optimization and simulation power market models, for example, PLEXOS, BID3, etc.
– Strong analytical skills and experience synthesizing complex data from multiple sources into clear and consistent structures
– Advanced MS Excel knowledge, including VBA
– Self-starter, able to work independently as well as demonstrating strong team working skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with stakeholders around the world from many cultures and backgrounds